Friday, October 7, 2016

I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart...

This is my lesson and charge for the rest of my life. 
How could I even begin to fathom His greatness and heart? It will take me in to eternity, unlocking little secrets and discoveries of His love as the days go by and in to when time stops to matter.
 This is my view today. My little slice, in this brief moment, of the greatness of His love. Yet to me, it's monumental. It holds the key to something I've been missing for many years. It's the picture of a purpose and contentment that I've been chasing my tail looking for and then lamenting its illusiveness. To be honest, most of my searching has been a figment of my imagination, and that's where most of the activity has taken place. I confess I have been a sedentary Christian and my spiritual muscles are pretty weak right now. A truth that is reflected in my physical person as well. But there is joy in the fact that things are changing. It is a welcome, needed thing and I have this crazy peace about how it's going to unfold.
This season is becoming a little parable in the faithfulness of God, as well as a lesson in humility for me, and it's all just perfectly okay. Who could argue with all of this? This is my view. This is the view I plan to take with me wherever I end up when the resting season is over. I sit here every morning. Every morning. And burn this image in my brain and spirit. It must remain. It is my memorial before God. How well He has dealt with me. How His mercy did not give me what I deserved but His grace gave me more than I asked for, much more than I deserved. That is part of the greatness of His loving heart. That is what I am finding out today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment