Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Hymn...

Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee, and Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power, thou hast made me whole.
O, how great Thy loving kindness, vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness, lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved, know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise, and have made it mine.
Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless, satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings, meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings: thine is love indeed!
Ever lift Thy face upon me as I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ’neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus, earth’s dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father’s glory, sunshine of my Father’s face,


Keep me ever trusting, resting, fill me with Thy grace.



And so begins the next season. The one where I embrace rest. The one where I look in humility at the reality of where my faith is and is not, and begin again to learn to walk in trust. Where I sit faithfully every morning gazing out at this gift of peace and let my soul start come to a place of rest. How carefully I guard my tongue and correct my thoughts, since they have caused much trouble for my heart these last few years. So the silence is good for me, first the worship and music, and then the silence. Here I listen, to be led again and instructed, sometimes just to be held and assured by the evidence of the presence of Your Spirit that we are growing together again, little by little. 
That’s kind of my favorite. 
There are no words for it, no way to explain it, communicate it or put it in a file. It just undeniably IS, and even without words or affirmation, I know its source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment