Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee, and Thy beauty fills my soul

This week away from the Pond has me refocusing my gaze and trying to be present and connected in the midst of busyness and very little rest and quiet. Sometimes I see Him most clearly and accurately in the sky and the mountains and the trees, in the still water and the hush of the kayak pushing through the glass of the lake. This time I saw Him in the blue and sparkling eyes of 2 tender little girls that couldn't get enough of me. First snuggles in the morning and last prayers at night, over play doh and legos and American Girl dolls and Frozen pajamas and “Anna blanks” and Lea’s pocketbook. There weren’t any mountains to see in the Kansas plains, no stillness, no hush. But my soul, my soul is full. It’s spilling out of my eyes right here on this plane next to a sweet, quiet lady and her floral scarved hat. I’m squeezed in so tight but my heart is enlarged and I might just explode. All that love could only come from one place. One great and endless font of blessing that has given me a double portion and more. At every turn there seems to be some new and unexpected thing to add to my list of gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment